Online shopping is an easy and convenient way of purchasing items. topfactoryshoes Because there are so many online retailers, it is important to be aware of essential online shopping practices that should be implemented before making an online purchase.
The following is a list of helpful tips on the Do’s and Don’ts of Online Shopping to help make your shopping experience much safer and easier:
– Use a payment method that protects your financial and personal identity. Sites such as PayPal do not reveal any of your credit card or bank account information. overheadcranemanufacturer Encryption is essential to ensuring secure online purchases. Encryption will code your personal and financial data after you hit the payment submit button. Websites that use encryption will display a key or closed lock in the web browser. Make sure the payment site address begins with https:.
– Watch out for internet fraud and identity theft. There are illegitimate companies that will send emails offering products at a great discount. Be aware of scammers and those trying to steal your financial information. Maintain a current firewall and anti-virus software.
– Use a payment method that guarantees your money will be returned if there is a problem with the product or shipment. Read the merchant’s terms and conditions before making the purchase. Find out what the total cost is before submitting the payment form, including the taxes and delivery charges. Keep a record of the transaction.
– Inspect your new purchase as soon as it arrives and check your credit card statement.
– Don’t send financial and personal information in an email. Don’t respond to emails that request financial identification and other personal information.
– Don’t leave your credit card number stored on your computer where someone else can access and steal it.
– Don’t use a debit card or money wire transfer because the money will go directly into the merchant’s account. It will be much more difficult to get your money back if there is a problem. Using a pre-load credit card is a good choice because you can easily dispute fraudulent charges.
– Don’t make a purchase from a website if you are feeling uncomfortable. Look for links to “About” pages or “FAQ” pages, and if there is no mention about protecting the privacy of its customers, you should shop somewhere else.
– Don’t make purchases from an online retailer that does not provide an actual physical address and telephone number.
The internet provides a wide range of resources for consumers to purchase products. According to a 2008 Nielsen Global Online Survey on Internet shopping, “over 85% of the world’s online population has used the Internet to make a purchase. Online shoppers tend to stay with shopping sites they are familiar with, “with 60% saying they buy mostly from the same site.”
When shopping online, security should be your number one concern. By using common sense, your own gut instinct, and implementing safe shopping practices, you will have a much easier and safer online shopping experience.